POSITION VACANCY: AME DEPUTY DIRECTOR ( VATAME2)
VATSIM AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST REGION announces that it will receive applications for the position of VATAME Deputy Director [VATAME2]. Applications open until the position is filled.
Please include a short CV with a covering letter, that addresses at a minimum each of the essential attributes.
Applications to be sent to VATSIM AFRICA & Middle East Director SAAD BELOUAFI via email ([email protected]).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategic growth of the region, working with partners within the region and in neighbouring areas.
• Manage the timetable of key events within VATAME.
• Support the roll out of the Pilot Training Scheme across the region.
• A pragmatic and diplomatic approach to problem-solving, yet resilient in character.
• Previous experience in a position of responsibility.
• Look for ways to improve partnerships with Virtual Airlines.
• Assist the Region Director in ad hoc duties.
• Able to commit at least 3 to 4 hours per week to administrative tasks.
• Reports back to VATAME1.
• Helps to recruit and lead a team of staff.
• Other duties as required by the needs of VATAME1.
• Deputise for the Region Director in his absence.
• Minimum C1 rating due to the level of exposure to ATC Training required.
• Completion of any of the pilot ratings will be a plus.
• At least two years experience in network management, though relevant real world experience will be considered in lieu of this.
• A clean VATSIM disciplinary record.
Please read all of the above and apply yourself to the duties outlined, i.e. any ideas for growth opportunities in the region that you might have, any thoughts on improving our VA relations, etc. Applications which do not follow this requirement will be discarded.